Winch Remote Control Units

Guy110

Do you mean you have a wireless remote ie Lodar or similar? There is no reason why you cannot run some multicore cable into the cab and put it anywhere you like.

I have my socket for the hard-wired remote (a Husky alloy handset - by far the toughest type) mounted on the back of my cubby box and the Milemarker wireless remote box is inside the cubby box. The wiring for all this then runs out through the floor along the chassis up in to the engine bay and to the hydraulic solenoid pack inside the front wing. Works well and keeps everything in the dry and corrosion free, and it means you can leave the wired remote plugged in the whole time if required, whereas running it over the wing and wrapping it round the aerial is never something I liked doing when driving along.

Do you mean you have a wireless remote ie Lodar or similar? There is no reason why you cannot run some multicore cable into the cab and put it anywhere you like.

I have my socket for the hard-wired remote (a Husky alloy handset - by far the toughest type) mounted on the back of my cubby box and the Milemarker wireless remote box is inside the cubby box. The wiring for all this then runs out through the floor along the chassis up in to the engine bay and to the hydraulic solenoid pack inside the front wing. Works well and keeps everything in the dry and corrosion free, and it means you can leave the wired remote plugged in the whole time if required, whereas running it over the wing and wrapping it round the aerial is never something I liked doing when driving along.

Not sure if it a Lodar but it is something similar. I wondered about extending the cabe to place it in the cab as they was my preffered option but wondered if lenghtning the cable would have any effect. If not I'll do that.

thanks,

Guy

Should be OK. 12 volts will suffer voltage drop over long distances but a few metres should be fine as long as the cable is a reasonable thickness. My father has a 12V switching circuit running solenoids on a generator which works over a distance of about fifty metres with no problem, running through 2.5mm2 three core mains flex, and the current draw on that will be similar to a winch solenoid (fuel/starter solenoids for a generator)