instrument cluster

The Piper

Hi to all!

Firstly I would like to say that I'm new to this forum. I'm from Mauritius and I own a td5. I hope that you guys will share your experiences and help as we only have one local dealer and it comes damn expensive going through them for each single visit.

Now that's been said, i've bought my td5 ( yr 2002 model) and the speedometer and tachymeter are both inop. I've checked everything from electrical connections to abs sensors. I even went to the local dealer and it was confirmed that the whole instrument pack is faulty.

So my question is: is it possible to swap my instrument pack with another one from a series II but having a V8 engine? I've documented myself about the speedometer having it's signal from the SLABS and the tachymeter from the ECM for both diesel and petrol engines. Hence my question! Can anyone help here?

Regards

The Pipertachymeter spec.pdf

Hi to all!

Firstly I would like to say that I'm new to this forum. I'm from Mauritius and I own a td5. I hope that you guys will share your experiences and help as we only have one local dealer and it comes damn expensive going through them for each single visit.

Now that's been said, i've bought my td5 ( yr 2002 model) and the speedometer and tachymeter are both inop. I've checked everything from electrical connections to abs sensors. I even went to the local dealer and it was confirmed that the whole instrument pack is faulty.

So my question is: is it possible to swap my instrument pack with another one from a series II but having a V8 engine? I've documented myself about the speedometer having it's signal from the SLABS and the tachymeter from the ECM for both diesel and petrol engines. Hence my question! Can anyone help here?

Regards

The Pipertachymeter spec.pdf

I don't know if it's possible, but I'm sure that someone on here might know.

Another place to sign-up to is the D2 Boys Club Forum - http://thed2boysclub.co.uk/forums/index.php

There's a lot of D2 knowledge and experience on there.

Sorry for that, I did not specify! Was talking about a discovery td5!

Anyway I dismantled the cluster in as many parts as I could and put the

parts back. To my great surprise the damn thing started to work again!!!

Anyway I'm still interested in knowing if the cluster of a discovery series II V8

can be swapped with a discovery series II td5.

Cheers

The Piper

Ps to G4FUJ: when will be your next visit here? it has changed a lot since!

My next visit?

I have no idea. I'm sure it has changed a lot over there.

My visits were on board general cargo ships (used to be a Radio Officer), hence it is so long since I was last there. Good days! We used to dock in Port Louis - usually anchored, so as to discharge into lighters.

I would spend as much time as possible ashore - loved the island, met some great people, one of my favourite places...

Cheers,