Tyre Choice

Jimbo_C

Hi all

I need some help, after literally weeks of trawling through magazines and forums I am stuck

I am going to buy a new set of tyres for my disco this week but which ones.

the choices are

general grabber at2's or cooper discoverer st's

I do about 10k miles a year but I want the best of both worlds and I want great off road tyres mainly for greenlaning though so I can't justify mt's.

help any advice?

has anyone tried both?

cheers

Toss a coin. Either will be fine. Bear in mind (in case you ever bust one) the AT2 is progressively being phased out and replaced by the new AT pattern, which some folk like less. I am one of them.

:rolleyes: I run my 200 on Cooper ST,s, standard size and they seem ok. They are a lot more agresive than AT2,s and can be a bit noisy if you run with the window open. I only wish I had gone for 235/70 because standard size can be dificult to find in my area of the world. I bought mine as a set with gunmetal coloured modules as well, the extra offset is worth it. :)

id say at2s are the ones coopers have casing issues when the get a bit older the tread layer sometimes comes apart from the carcase and they probably wont last as long as the at2s either. the at2s i think were better in the snow but thats comparing them on a disco to a 90 on stt's.

Thanks for the help folks

After all my considerings I opted for the At2's in the end. My BFG AT's that came off were is a shocking state although after 75K miles they still had about 5mm of tread on them. however one of carcasses split and I had to take what was on the shelf.

my journey to work was so quite and I had a lot more grip on the wet roads.

Sadly it will be a few weeks till I cam try them out on a lane or two but I am looking forward to giving them a go.

thanks again for the feedback