Bulk LPG Tanks at Home

Fatboy

Evening all,

We are now going through a couple of hundred litres of LPG every week and pay varying prices according to the suppliers.. We also had a bit of a close call a couple of weeks ago when for some reason, my nearest two garages were out for a couple of days.

I'm therefore seriously thinking about installing a bulk tank in the garden with a little pump to fill the cars. Has anybody got any tips on where to get the tanks and fittings?

Do I need to get planning permission? I believe the tank has to be located so that the delivery driver can see it when he is pumping but does it need a certain sized foundation etc.

All thoughts welcome... :D

Thanks,

A friend did this, the tank [iIRC was 500litres] was mounted on a steel reinforced concrete base about 4 to 6 inches thick, tank/pump/fill hose/meter was IIRC on hire from Calor & recharged every month, or when requested not sure how much the hire/maintenance/recharge with gas cost.

LPG tank above ground & more detailed info

:i-m_so_happy:

Edited by western

Tanks are rented from calor roughly a pound a week, i know as i have a 2000 liter tank, no mains gas here in the sticks. But lpg is cheaper in local garage (10 miles away) than buying it from calor. Concrete base 6" thick reinforced.

Regards

Keith