Shipping Cars from the UK to Southern Africa

zim

Morning,

Not entirely LR related, but i know a number of you have shipped vehicle to RSA.

I have to export a couple cars to most probably Namibia (cheaper than RSA when they arrive). But am not sure who to get quotes from. Can anyone recommend some shipping agents ?

Cheers

Gordon

Can't recommend one but there are plenty to choose from - just google shipping UK to Namibia and get some quotes.

If the cars are going over empty, ro-ro is the cheaper option.

When you get quotes, ask them to check all UK ports - Southampton and Felixstowe are the main ones but there are ro-ro services from Bristol & liverpool as well.

I've found that the agents tend to be tied to a particular line as they will get a better margin the more business they do with them, and not all lines work out of all ports, so worth getting a few quotes from different agents till you get the right price, departure date and crossing time.

Most of the agents tend to have their offices near the ports - when we shipped back from Africa I just walked round various port towns and dropped into the offices and the prices were cheaper - might be worth doing a Yell search for agents in Southampton etc, you may find you get a better price and service, as I think some of the agencies you get on google are just an extra middle man.