What's it worth?

task

A friend of the family is trying to off-load his 1984 van-body 110.

It used to be a V8, it's now a 6cylinder turbo Nissan engine, apparently from a truck. It looked solid-ish from the 5 mins I had looking around it.

It's been off the road for 3 years, engine conversion is still not finished, so no TAX/MOT.

Chassis is apparently in good condition, paintwork looks shabby.

It would need a new bonnet as he's modified it to get airflow to the inter-cooler (top mounted).

I don't want the engine and would be removing this and selling it as a separate item.

so what is it likely to be worth?

I looked for ages to find something similar recently, prices in the range of 900-1400£ depending on how tidy it is. Trouble is (for buyers) that the Yanks can now import trucks of this age relatively straightforwardly. Stick it on Ebay, it will find its own price and it will be more than you think.

Hmm, I've offered him £600 and told him I'll remove the engine for him and sell it on his behalf with any proceeds going to his own pocket.

I don't know what the engine is off the top of my head but I do know it's not very high-revving. He built it to tow a trailer and be a tug, I believe it maxes out around 3000rpm.

I did advise he finish the conversion and sell it as a running Land Rover.