300tdi injection pump problem

Evening folks badly need help with fuel pump problem on my lany .

Symptoms so far ran fine yesterday morning,went to it at tea time failed to start so checked the fuel filter noticed fuel cloudy, contaminated with water so emptied tank cleared fuel lines new filter bled fuel to the pump unable to get fuel further so took out bolt with small mesh filter on back of pump that was blocked so replaced it still no joy .So I then checked solenoid voltage 11.95v did not click very loud when ignition was switched on so I then replaced the solenoid with another working unit .Also the timing belt seams ok after all this still unable to get fuel to the injectors ?

once they are primed they usually cough into life very fast. Not really had to tow any 300s into starting usually prime up , open injector for for few secs and they are there. We just had a pump back from engineers which had got water in it and it wasn`t nice. It had bent some cam in it. Best of luck with yours , ours was a second hand pump off the bay of evil , running A1 now. How much of a squirt is coming out of injector if you crack it slightly ?? Check a good engine to gauge it , its easier if you are not used to diesels.

You can only bleed to the injector pump, and not through it to the injectors - only engine cranking will do that. If the fuel is contaminated with water to such an extent that it won't burn, then there's a fair amount that has to bled out before your engine will run. Starting on the battery will be greatly speeded up if you hold the accelerator down. otherwise - tow start in 2nd gear, which usually works within 100yds.

Les.

Well folks update on fuel pump is not good,my mate tried everything to get fuel out of the pump but no luck he the took the back off the pump and found the disc with the peg in had sheared,he replaced the disc from the spare pump got the fuel pumping, got fuel to the injectors fired her up for 3 seconds and it stopped, sheared the pin again so back to square one.Will have to replace pump but only have 200 pump to swap, have read they will fit I hope so .Later

Well the pump has been replaced and is she is running well, not as quick off the mark as before as this pump has not been tweaked I will leave it alone for a few weeks as the MOT is due and it is running very clean at the minute.

• 2 weeks later...