old soft top military to truck cab to hard top

Hello,

Wondering if I should know anything about......

I have a 1986 '90 which used to be a soft top, the guy I bought it from turned it into a truck cab, and Im wanting to turn it into a hard top/van. Am I going to have to make any mods to it to make the van sides and hard top fit? I have all the seals/bolts/seatbelt brackets etc The wind screen is one of the ones which folds down, will the rim at the top fit the new (but old) roof? I think you get the gist of what Im asking.

Cheers for any advice ;)

You're going to need a new back door and seals.

If you get a roof try getting the liner which goes with it. They not only make the truck a bit warmer but reduce condensation.

Have you got an interior light in the truck cab. If not you might want to think about making sure the liner also has one.

I've gone the opposite way and apart from that and seat belts I can't think of anything else I had issues with.

A roof weighs quite a bit, so you can expect the truck to feel quite different and possibly a bit slower and less flingable around corners due to the new centre of gravity.

<p style="text-align: left; ">Excellent cheers for that. Yeah I have got a back door (second hand), bought a brand new seal for it, the van sides liners are in real good condition as is the roofs. I bought cheap liner for the truck cab which is great (it is old military hence no liner anywhere!), the second hand roof I have has been lined with old camping-mats, and I have a load of rubber liner which Im going to line the rest of it with. I put an interior light in, and a cd player!!!! Cheers for the info you lot!</p>