making own harness - wiring question

HI

I've going to be making my own harness for a TD5 dashboard, i been spending the last couple of days using a combination of Haynes, RAVE and this guide: http://www.retroanac...g%20Diagram.pdf to work out how the loom wiring all connects together, but I’ve come across something that does not look right.

In the RAVE, the fuel earth (slate-black) appears to come into the loom on pin 7, only for it to simply connect to the earth leaving at pin 9 (the same earth that connects to the Fuel, Temp and speedo gauge).

Is this correct? it seems odd for the fuel sender earth to have to go all the way to the dash loom simple to be earthed elsewhere.

Also, Where i need multiple wires coming off one pin (such as the gauge illumination) i was planning on running one main wire (such as between the connecter plug and the speedo) and tap-soldering into it, will this be ok? I don’t know how land rover actually do it in the proper looms.

I've attached the wiring diagram i have made so far, i think it's all correct, but it has been compile from multiple sources

Cheers

post-13491-0-74463000-1319735158_thumb.gif

Would the earth connect there due to it being a earth for the fuel pump itself (electronic fuel pump).

Landrover use what they call headers which is a point where one conection t`s off to another.

Phil

Sorry, I should have said it's a 200tdi that i'm fitting the dash to, i was under the impression that the fuel sender wires goes straight from the sender to the back of the dash, but i don't know much about 200tdi wiring.

It does allow you to unplug the entire loom from the other part, and not have to make a special connection via a screw or similar on the chassis somewhere -about speed of production I think.

Ah, that make sense, as long as i'm not reading the RAVE diagram wrong, that how i will wire it