Transmission noise on new built defender

Ive just finished my defender (92 K 200tdi ), taxed it and actually used it on road ,,, Perfect until I got into 4th to 5th . It then decided to start making what I would call a graunching noise when lifting off and then re accelerating. It is inly present above 35 ish. It also happenned when I went over a few bumps in road. Sometimes on overrun it makes the noise until i accelerate or brake.

The defender was rebuilt with recon gearbox,new input gear gear in transfer box (might be a little tight as i fitted it and wasn't 100% happy with it) , disco axles, new front prop (standard) and has slight wear in rear prop. It is lifted 2 inches and I was concerned about the standard props. With it being my own landy I'm finding it hard to be objective over what it might be. Any help would be appreciated , I'm suspecting either propshaft or transfer box ,,,

sounds stupid, and i aint doubting your skills, but have you filled the boxes/diffs with oil?

it could be the bearings on the UJs of the untouched prop as i had a similar noise, then clunk then when i checked it at the end of my journey the UJs were knackered.

Hmmm, well I've got a loud grumbling on power lift off above about 30, i've put it down to my rear diff pinion bearing, as I know it was on its way out, just changed it but not tested yet. truck has a rediculous lift of about 2+ inch I hate it. (i didn't do it) casues all sorts of problems. I'll have got a front prop off a TD5 on the rear shortly, with a 15mm spacer in there to help reduce the spline extension.

As all the radious arms are cranked I'll need to change them all out with it why I haven't dropped the lift just yet.

get under and check to make sure non of the knuckles and flanges are drinding against each other, i found one of the knuckles was touching the flange on mine under breaking, so had to do a bit of grinding to help give it a bit more clearance.

mav

I'll try disconnecting props and driving it , used to hearing noisy diffs but never had a graunchy metal on metal sound before ,, this has dismayed me a little. If it makes any difference the landy was parked up for a year after build while I sorted out a scoobie project ?

Curious to know was it the uj’s or the sliding joint (if you could tell?) I’ve got a hard to describe transmission noise that disappears for a while after greasing the props but reappears a few weeks later. I just can’t find any play in anything! I need to isolate which prop and sort it