How much underseal

I am planning a rub down and re-seal of my 90 using Schutz underbody seal.

How much I am likely to need? I have managed to blag the use of a pit in a local garage, to give better access than lying on the ground, so don't want to run out half way through.

So roughly how much underseal should I expect to use?

A gallon to waxoyl painted by hand I use

But get 2 gallons and you will have some for the following years as it lasts for ever.

All waxoyl needs attention every year. Use black and you can see the rust coming through.

Any dry/failed waxoyl can be rubbed off and just re applied straight over without any effort.

I sprayed mine once and used 2 gallons only thinly. Would not do again.

Hand painting you can really be sure you get everywhere and it is less mess.

Internally I found it hit and miss unless you have the right nozzle which sprays more like 360 and is on a long flexible tube.

On my 90 I use schutz on wheel arches for its abrasion resistance, waxoyl thinned down inside chassis etc , and hammerite undercoat and paint on everything. My local factors discounts the 1l schutz refils to £4.20 inc Vat when you buy a case of 6. My last discovery used around 4L of schutz to pretty much cover all underside ready for winter. I usually thin the schutz down a little with thinners to ensure an easy spray.