Ali corrosion options?

Diablo

What's the best way of fixing this? I was thinking maybe some sort of plate either side?

Driver's sill:

post-14582-0-15805800-1321994883_thumb.jpg

Passenger's sill and in the background you can see the chassis to bulkhead area as well.

post-14582-0-87174100-1321995026_thumb.jpg

The rear of the tub to the crossmember has similar problems, though not as bad.

Are they prescribed areas , i.e. near seat belt mounts ? if so you really should get the repair patches welded in. If there was corrosion/holing near enough bodymounts then this would be a problem as well. I agree with the etch primer etc. its just some mot testers might object to repair methods.

It's the mounts for the sill (proper one, not the decorative bit) to the body and also some ali corrosion where the steel plate on the middle bulkhead bolts to the tubular part of the chassis.

Wouldn't risk anything with seat belt mounts, but they're ok.

Thankfully my MOT man likes Land Rovers and we've known him for ages... not had a fail yet! (not to say that he isn't safe of course)