D1 300 dash illumination issues

muddy

Evening all, Recently aquired d1 has some illumintation issues.

The clock doesnt light up, it does show the time allbeit dimly, i have tried a new bulb but it still doesnt want to work, it has 12v sidelight feed at the clocks plug, does it also have a ign+ feed?

I have the clock in many many peices infront of me and i have continuity on the earth side of the bulb feed, and no continuity through the two black looking jobbies on the pcb marked D1(pin 58 circuit) and D2(pin 31 circuit) when i test it one way and If i put the com mulitmeter prong on the plug pins and the other on the bulb holder contacts i get 564 on pin 58 and 594 on pin 31(these pins have the afore mentioned black jobbies in the circuit) , i presume these stop the lectricity escapeing back up the wrong circuit?

i tried plugging the clock on and putting the meter accross the bulb holder contacts and and did not get a voltage. I have tried another clock but that didnt light up either (led display worked) Any ideas?

The auto shifter surround doesnt light up, both bulbs appear to be blown but i dont seem to get a voltage accross the contacts on the bulb holder although i havmt tried new bulbs in there yet (brought the wrong ones home)

The final thing is the heater control knob backlights dont light up either although the 're-circulate' switch does, how do you remove this panel and what type of bulbs does it take?

Cheers, Will.

Bit of a retard moment, these discos are posh, bulbs are controlled by ign lives :ph34r:

Shifter illumination and clock sorted, still would like to know how to get the heater controls off tho...

Cheers, Will.

Thanks chaps, now have a disco with an interior that lights as it should. Always having defenders i have never found the haynes manual much use, usually you just need to brush against defender trim and it drops off <_<

Will get a haynes in the near future.

Will.

The Haynes manual is very useful and told me how to strip most of the interior down without breaking it helping me replace the bulb in my heater control panel yesterday. As an aside to this,(sorry if im hijacking the thread) my clock does not illuminate and also resets its self as though the battery has been disconnected whenever i turn the ignition off, this happens with the radio too, meaning i have to enter the code every time I want to use it (not really an issue to me because i have memorized it) does anybody have any ideas what could be causing this?

The Haynes manual is very useful and told me how to strip most of the interior down without breaking it helping me replace the bulb in my heater control panel yesterday. As an aside to this,(sorry if im hijacking the thread) my clock does not illuminate and also resets its self as though the battery has been disconnected whenever i turn the ignition off, this happens with the radio too, meaning i have to enter the code every time I want to use it (not really an issue to me because i have memorized it) does anybody have any ideas what could be causing this?

Fuse 6 (20amp) in satellite fuse box 2 - that's the upper one. Replace it all will be fine. If it blows again check your trailer socket for problems

post-18828-0-47179700-1324202544_thumb.jpg