Swivel bearing housings

Can anybody help me?

I need to replace the swivels on my 90 200 TDI, both have been neglected (pitted bearing housings and hence seals failed & no oil).

Question: - are the black Teflon bearing housings that at being offered any good?

Has anybody used them, any problems with fitting? Etc

Any help would be much appreciated.

The new black teflon coated ones are all that LR supply now, you might be able to find 2 chrome versions for the usual parts suppliers. haven't used the teflon ones yet but some on here probably have fitted them.

I've had teflon ones on now for about 2 1/2 - 3 years. They've done a fair bit off road including about 30,000 road miles and I've had no problems with them whatsoever.

Mine came from Paddocks - I think they were "Britpart", but can't be certain. Certainly had no leaks or pitting etc.

Hope this helps.

Matt

I've fitted the Teflon coated ones a few times - no difference to the chrome type. I think they are dearer than chrome though - £84 I paid for 300TDi Disco one a few weeks ago.

There's a thread in the tech archive for this job if you need it. For a 300TDi disco, but there's little difference.

I'll also be putting a railko-type swivel pin and seal replacement thread in the int forum on Monday.

Les :)

Thanks for all the replies, feel more confident to order the Teflon versions now I know others have been using them a while.

Les thanks for pointing me towards the Tech Archive; Defenders are all a bit new to me so this is most useful. :)