Wiper Motor

Ive already got a windscreen wiper motor, though its untested.

Just in case i need to change it i was wondering if all defender wiper motors are interchangeable? The old 110 parts book doesnt show any variance in motors but looking through various online parts stores, there seem to be 2 or 3 different types available?

My new wheel boxes will be td5 ones but i know my motor definately isnt from a td5 - does this matter?

Basic motors are certainly the same from series 3 to Td5. You may neeed to swap over the main gear and crank if fitting a series motor and vice versa. If you are fitting TD5 wheel boxes they should work with an older motor/cable.

• 2 weeks later...

The motors are all the same (in that the motor part is interchangeable). However, unless you buy a new late TD5 motor you will need to change the gear and crank if using earlier motors in order to have the correct gearing for you later wheel boxes. Remove the gear cover from the motor (4 small bolts) and if it says 113 degrees on it then it will not be suitable for the larger TD5 wheel boxes and you will have to buy a new gear. They are not expensive, I think I gave about £15 for a genuine one.