Disco TD5 - Rear Door no longer unlocks from central locking....!?

rjsdavis

Hi there

I've got a new glitch on the TD5, and wondered if it's something I can fix myself...

In the last week or so, the rear door has stopped unlocking from the central locking - that is to say, either from the unlock from the remote key, or from manually sticking the key in the driver's door and unlocking the car that way.

All other doors unlock as they should.

The rear door can now only be opened by pulling the internal door catch from the inside of the car, so one of the kids needs to be reach over the top of the rear seats, pull the lever and the door catch pops up, so that the door can then be opened from outside - it's a real pain in the rear!

The rear door then locks as it should from the central locking - just doesn't open! I was going to guess at it being a solenoid, but was confused as to why it would lock, but not unlock (surely a duff solenoid simply would lock OR unlock??).

It would be dead useful if someone could identify what part I need to replace to fix the problem - would like to pop to the breakers and then fit it myself if at all possible....

Thanks in advance for any assistance to help get this niggle sorted!

You have probably sorted this now but the normal fix is to pop off the green oval on the rear door handle (use a small screw driver) you will see the handle mechanism and a lever that will have stuck down, spray of WD40 will cure the problem.

Chris