Timing belt, what's needed?

Mutley

Jesus! Timing kit (Genuine) comes in at a fancy price!

I guess that this is the best way to go? But have found an O.E.M Bearmach for half the price is this worth considering?

Also found PR2 ALLMAKES OE at simular price, so if either of these are any good, which one should I go for O.E or O.E.M?

If I'm gunna do this DON'T want cheap and nasty.......I want CHEAP and GOOD!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok then got pretty much all the tools for the job.....

So i have been reading a few previous threads on this matter and a NEW QUESTION has now come up!!!!!!!

As I have an early 300Tdi (M reg 1995)......Do I need to get the MODIFIED Timing kit or am I ok just to get a Bearmach timing kit,

Which is OEM ???

Cheers guys Mutley

Dont forget the "o" ring behind the crankshaft gear !!!!!!!!! ask me how i know !

it does'nt come in the belt kit (buy a gates belt ) rolls-royce of belts, fit and forget (as long as everything else is ok )

Why a gates belt? I've got the shredded remains of one of there fan belts in my lock up, I only bougt it in the summer of last year.

Dayco is OEM so in mine and alot of other peoples opinions, Dayco all the way.