Gasket kit for 4.6 V8

FridgeFreezer

I am planning a swap of heads/front end/sump on my 4.6, I have a complete lump from a P38 with all ancillaries, I have head & valley gaskets ready to go so what else do I need to buy?

The lump is early P38 (not Thor) type. I know I need sump gasket (or maybe special black goo?), timing cover gasket, and then ???

IIRC there's no sump casket, I just used a good quality RTV sealant, and plenty of it :)

The lump in mine is a 1995 P38 unit too....

Exhaust manifold gaskets, use these:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4aa703889b

or these

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1c0e169827

They actually seal unlike the multi-layer tin ones....

Front end: timing cover, water pump gasket, but TBH, I can't think of anything else off the top of my head :)

Oh, good luck with the plumbing.... heater hoses are completely different and confusing, in the end I junked the plastic crappy thermostat thing, fitted a 3.9 stat where it should be -in the inlet manifold, ran one heater hose across the RH rocker box, and the other round the RH side of the engine bay, with a T in it to connect the header tank in.

Bottom hose will get close to steering box (maybe given your very odd vehicle configuration :P), use a stock top hose, it will fit fine (or your existing one if you see what I mean....)

This has worked for a long time, but I wish it could have been tidier :/