200tdi heater intake mods?

smokinv8

Having managed to submerge my heater air intake in water/mud when at Brick Kiln Lane recently and it packing in, I wondered what mods people have done to stop this happening?

Have got to strip it out today to see how much carp has gone in there, might just be a fuse but may as well clean it out.

I have seen an aftermarket steel intake like a mini snorkel that could easily be extended but can't find who makes/stocks it?

Ahh Sorry Ross, I went straight outside after my 1st post and took it all out!

Can take some of it out? Lol

Found out it was only the fuse but took it all out anyway. Then whilst it was out, started all the other improvements I was going to do one day! When I had time....!

Tidy the 4 raised axle breathers into 4 in 1 unit.

Reseal snorkel and refit better with new top.

Put new radio aerial in and cable.

Tidy electrics up in that area.

Did find that the heater box is poorly sealed where it meets the bulkhead though, all the foam surround perished. Looks like the silicone sealant gun is gona be on overtime!

You can get the heater unit out first followed by the duct resonably easily if you force it past the wing i've done it a few times. I think all i removed was the washerbottle and bracket.

I usually put the fan in the vice, set it spinning and drip 3 in 1 oil into the motor hole, have revived a few this was including and ex tree surgeons that was full of woodchip ;)

Will.