Rattling noise in relay

I have this rattling noise in the dashboard when selecting background light on the dashboard with the small light handle(pushed forward two steps), anyone have any ideas?? I opened the dash and found something I think is a relay marked rover 2012 rattling, is it easy to change or where can I buy a new one.

post-20015-0-27464000-1327694445_thumb.jpg

Been checking under the dash today, and took some more pictures, I'm not an expert but I think its some relays, it's marked Carlo Gavozzi M 25 S 001 012 16, BA 250V ACI 12VDC, 0429W, and is buzzing when selecting the full beam light in fixed position and does not give me full beam, when flashing it, its ok.

Thanks, don't think so, it's just an ordinary Defender bought in Norway serviced by Land Rover dealers/garages. If I select the full beam on (pushing the long light lever forward) nothing happens, but I can flash with it, could it be 2 different faults, maybe it's t he lever and the contacts thats worn out??

two types of relays on that board, single pole changeover x2 and a double pole change over x1 and looks like a transistor on the underside. looks like an aftermarket fit to control the lighting. Relays should be relatively easy to source, i'd try the earth and the supply to make sure the relay coils are switching properly. From your description It sounds like relay buzz or chatter, can be caused by poor supply or faulty relay.

• 1 month later...