Td5 Pektron rear fog relay connector.

I'm using the Td5 type rear fog switch and relay on my 90. Does anyone know where I can source a connector plug for the relay from? Google tells me that the same relay is used on the Rover 600. I've crawled all over and under 3 of them in the scrapyard this morning but couldn't find it in any of them.

Alternatively could anyone look at their relay and tell me which colour wire goes to which pin?

The pins on the relay aren't numbered so the diagram isn't much help.

Black/Slate,- Switch.

Black,- Earth.

Red/Yellow,- Lamp and warning light.

Blue/Purple,- Supply.

Thanks for any replies.

I'm using the Td5 type rear fog switch and relay on my 90. Does anyone know where I can source a connector plug for the relay from? Google tells me that the same relay is used on the Rover 600. I've crawled all over and under 3 of them in the scrapyard this morning but couldn't find it in any of them.

Alternatively could anyone look at their relay and tell me which colour wire goes to which pin?

The pins on the relay aren't numbered so the diagram isn't much help.

Black/Slate,- Switch.

Black,- Earth.

Red/Yellow,- Lamp and warning light.

Blue/Purple,- Supply.

Thanks for any replies.

The connector for the Rear Guard Fog Lamps ECU is a strange one.

It’s a Sumitomo connector (similar to, but not the same as, their HMDC Series), but it isn’t in any of their catalogues or on their website.

Although I haven't found a source for new connector shells, the terminals are (supposedly) available from Land Rover.

Land Rover list the Terminal as a Genuine Part – Part Number YPL10003, but this has been out of stock since early last year.

The Terminal/Tab size is 2.8mm so, at a push, you could use standard 2.8mm insulated female spade terminals.

If you fancy a trip to the Breakers Yard, in addition to the Fog Lamp ECU found on Rover 600s and late-model Rover Minis, the connector is also used as the Indicator Switch Connector on the following –

• MG TF
  • Rover 25
  • MG ZR
  • Rover 45
  • MG ZS
  • Rover Mini
  • MGF (->2001)
  • MGF (2001->)
  • Rover 100
  • Rover 200
  • Rover 400
  • Discovery 1