Doors? Repair? Help!

Hi

Has anybody any experience of repairing doors? All three doors on my 110 are getting very dodgy! They will pass MOT but i'm getting towards the end of a year long rebuild and will soon be respraying the car, obviously I dont want to waste time and paint on doors that will need replacing soon.... fair enough you say but why dont I just go and buy new doors? Answer to that is that after year of rebuilding the budget wont stretch! Even to most 2nd hand as for some reason push button doors are worth more than gold apparently :angry: So basically is it feasible/possible to remove the skin without damaging it, repair/replace the frame and then reattach the skin or will I never take it alive? Does anybody supply new frames? Does anybody have any new doors they want to donate :D i know... unlikely!

If anyone has and good ideas on how to rebuild doors on a shoestring then I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks

Mike

hi mike, hummm yep door can be pricey, i kno the shock i had when i bought a back door for my 110! :( some of the guys are putting series doors on the front but it may depend on what 110 you have? there are still some landy shows still to come this year so y not visit and look round the auto jumble. i got a bonnet for a tenner at billing! :) worth a try

removing the skin would probably split the skin around the edge, You could try it though and if it splits then you'll have to find another door. The frame can be fixed if your ok with a hammer and a welder. I have rebuilt several old doors over the years, none on landies though, but compared to most cars, a landy door is easy.

I have replaced an old skin on a rebuilt frame before. Don't expect to do it in an hour.

Jas

Hi Mike, I know door skins are avialable seperatly but I haven't seen any bare door frames as new parts, I did read about some door frame sections for sale but can't remember where, looked like just lengths of the correct section for repairs.

Hi

Yeah skins seem to retail around 70-80 quid but cant find anyone selling frames, funny really when you consider their simplicity and the potential market for them? Guess its back to the daily trawl through the internet for some marginally better 2nd hand ones :angry:

mike