Disco Sender - TD5 Fuel Gauge

Hi there,

Just had a horrid thought after reading the thread on temp senders being different.

My project came with a Disco rear fuel tank and a 200tdi Sender installed - took me a while to figure that one out. Anyway, I am now at the point of wiring the senders into the dash - exciting stuff - and it dawned on me, do the fuel senders differ?

Will a PRC7129 fuel sender work correctly with the TD5 fuel guage? If not does anyone know how inaccurate it will be and if there is a tweak I can use to sort it?

Thanks in advance,

James

My Td5 fuel gauge works with my 200Tdi sender, in a 90. I know of others with older 110s that are using their original senders with the new gauge. I don't think fuel gauges vary as much in the sender resistances as temperature gauges do.

Don't know of anyone using a Discovery sender, but seen as how you have it already I would just try it and see. Could always hook it up out of the tank and operate it through its range to make sure it works. Bear in mind the signal is damped through the speedo head on the Td5 setup (unless you have done your own wiring) so it won't be an instant response.

Some hope there. I will have to wait and see this weekend - gonna fire her up with the new loom. - Time to see how many bits i've done wrong. I have gone from the 200tdi loom of 20 odd fuses to my new one with 45 fuses and the old 6 relays to some 16 relays. Might have gone a bit overboard here... Still it's based on a td5 loom with all the extras possible added :P