200tdi recess/protrusion

jad

Does anyone have a 200tdi engine sitting around with the flywheel attached that they can measure the depth/protrusion of the face of the flywheel from the flywheel housing? I would like the measurement to be pretty accurate if possible.

Thanks for your help

Jad

Hi

That is plenty enough accurate thank you very much. Can you tell me why you specified 11 o'clock? It should be the same at any position surely? and I assume that it is recessed by 12.9? so the flywheel cover comes further towards the rear of the vehicle than the flywheel?

Thanks

James

Thanks. Im making an engine/gearbox adapter using a short r380/LT77 setup for the gearbox with standard clutch and probably custom flywheel. That measurement will allow me to work out the overall thickness that the engine/gearbox adapter needs to be to position the gearbox the standard distance away from the flywheel, therefore putting the clutch in the correct location and making sure the splines are fully inserted! I hope.....

I will put a build in the members section at some point.....

Cheers

Jad

a stumpy R380, it should bolt straingt on. the clutch parts are same as the LT77 uses except the release bearing has a shorter overall length, part number UTJ100210.

stumpy R380

had one in my 200tdi powered 110 since mid '94. it doesn't have any adaptor ring just the engines standard backlate/flywheel housing.

before the R380 was fitted it had a bog standard 110 LT77.

Is there much difference to the release bearings apart from length? I was thinking of getting the all ali release bearing from rakeaway.....

Im putting a 1uzfe in from the lexus ls400 in a 109. I bought it off bowie on here. When hanging the engine, standard lexus gearbox and toyota tbox in the rear propshaft was at a horible angle that would have not worked. Therefore last weekend I decided to go manual with lt230. I thought it would be easier to mate a different engine to gearbox than the lt230 to the auto lexus gbox. It solved some problems and created some! The r380 should be able to cope as the 1uzfe is max 350Nm (260lbft) although it produces ~270Nm (200lbft) from 1000rpm. I do have a gearbox cooler which I will be fitting.

Jad