Injector pump tweaking :-)

Having read lots on here especially the 'how to', I decided to have a go myself. After quite a bit of playing I found that best results for me were had by screwing the star wheel down one turn and turning to diaphragm to the richest setting, which was for my engine just ver a quarter of a turn. I have not touched the screw on the back of the pump yet, as I'd like to install an egt gauge before I do. Boost has gone up without adjusting the waste gate to about 0.9 bar.

Driving it is much better, I can take hills in top that used to have it dying off in fourth.

It's a little early to tell if mpg has been greatly affected

Roland

You won't need to touch the fuel screw on the back of the pump, you can attain engine melting EGT's just by going into where you fiddled ;)

The best instructions for adjusting are here http://www.aulro.com/afvb/attachment.php?attachmentid=326&d=1152411367 and I've had no change in overall fuel economy in the last five-six years form doing it.

It's worth noting that boost is a measure of resistance not flow, if you are now seeing more boost without adjusting the turbo, then likely it is flowing the same but with more resistance.

No... He is getting more boost because there is now enough fuel to produce the boost. Maximum boost is controlled by the wastegate. If you do not have enough fueling, you cannot get to that maximum.