Lambda Sensor Position

stuck

Gents,

Having seen that my CCV truck doesn't die when passing within a mile of a puddle a mate of mine wants me to 'squirt his.

I'm going to be ordering the bits next week but I'm not sure about what to do with the lambda sensor.

The couple of trucks I've squirted in the past have all had a "Y" piece in the exhaust but this one doesn't, it's running two separate exhaust pipes (yes it sounds cr@p) & due to mods underneath there isn't room to fit one.

As the truck will not go any where near a road (or a MOT centre) can I run MS in an open loop mode without the sensor or am I going to have to find someway of mounting two sensors?

Cheers in advance,

Mick.

You do not need a Lambda at all, If your map is OK, then the lambda can be removed and a plug shoved in

In fact if you use a Lambda - even a Narrow Band one it WILL go ping in cold water

You could also just run in one bank, tune and then see if the other bank is different just use two bungs

Some racers I have supplied don't even use a lambda / bung at all, just load ECU and race !

Nige

• 2 weeks later...