P38 Fusebox

abingdonboy

Hi All,

My new P38 is going well. However, i am trying to get to know it better and sort out some of the little problems.....

Last night i was having a look in the fusebox (at relays 6 and 7), as the book is showing on the Hevac. The first thing that struck me was the (slight) smell of hot PCB. And the second thing that struck me was the fusebox has been changed and is almost new!

Now my question is, if a very new looking fusebox is already smelling hot, what can i do to prevent the (fuse contract burning) problem before it occurs? The pollen filters have also been changed recently...

Any thoughts?

Regards,

AB.

Hi

Why were you looking at relay 6 & 7 in particular?

Was that the area that was hot?

P38 fuse box’s can be a problem in themselves and not anything else in the vehicle causing a problem.

I doubt that the pollen filters being changed have anything to do with your problem.

Seems relay 6&7 are linked in with HEVAC function and have caused problems for mainly amaerican users in the past.

http://www.rangerove...al/fusebox.html

Seems plausible it's more to do with poor contact and or vibration than a blower motor, or an underspecced relay.

Have you checked your blend motors are working correctly, and the AC runs cool?