Possible problem with new steering damper

I purchase a new Britpart Supergaz steering damper a few months ago and just got around to fixing this easter weekend. However the flange part of the polybush that was fitted into the loop at the end that fits onto the bracket the connects to the steering rods and drop arm ball joint, seemed to be brittle and broke away from one side. the opposite side appeared fine as did the poly in the centre where the bolt goes through.

It's all fitted fine and everything drives okay. I know Britpart has a bit of a reputation with quality, is this something I need to definately replace with a new one soon or is it something I can just keep a general eye on until I feel that there's something not quite right.

Hi jetmorgan, a photo would be handy for a easier prognosis... but on principle I would send it back... britpart have disgusting quality control. - polybushes shouldn't appear to be brittle in any way.

By the sounds of it it shouldn't effect the drive, but the bush might not last very long if its duff...

Mav

I purchase a new Britpart Supergaz steering damper a few months ago and just got around to fixing this easter weekend. However the flange part of the polybush that was fitted into the loop at the end that fits onto the bracket the connects to the steering rods and drop arm ball joint, seemed to be brittle and broke away from one side. the opposite side appeared fine as did the poly in the centre where the bolt goes through.

It's all fitted fine and everything drives okay. I know Britpart has a bit of a reputation with quality, is this something I need to definately replace with a new one soon or is it something I can just keep a general eye on until I feel that there's something not quite right.

Please please send it back, If you can afford it buy something like a de-carbon or even an Armstrong one which as far as I know is OEM anyway, I really wish that we as a community would permanently boycott Britpart as a whole as the quality of they're products are seriously bad at the best and at worst downright disgusting, yes I know It's a regular thing/thread that appears on here and other forums about Britpart I'm just sorry as I feel someone else has been relieved of they're hard earned cash un nessacarily thats all

John