Disco -Whats it worth ( Lots of pictures alert !!)

Les Brock

Ok so we know this is what someone is prepared to pay for it !!

I have had this for the last 10 years, but its time to move it on.its going to be hard to let it go, I now have company car, A Focus ST and a Ford Fa on the drive (and a build in progress) so need the space

So its got............

New rear floor,

6mm steel box section sills, with black Discoparts powder coated rock sliders.

5mm steel heavy duty rear bumper, with 50mm reciever and drop plate and Tow Bar.

Alloy fuel tank guard,

2 x QT diff guards,

Gwyn Lewis Galv front bumper Suitable for a Warn 8274 (he made very few of these) due to the complexity and time involved

4 x Compomotive alloys with Bronco Dirt Devils 235/85/16's(these are the one on the Mach 5's and BF are now on the Mack 5's for the new project)) , Spare but it will need another tyre

Safari snorkle,

Defender TD5 1.4:1 transfer box

OME +2 shocks

OME Steering Damper

Tubular +2 front turrets

Heavy duty rear shock mounts

Cranked rear trailing arms

DEvon 4x4 Spare wheel mount

Solid footwells,chassis etc

Factory fitted alarm including the central just needs the fob re-programming

Comes With V5 and all the old MOT's I can find, it has done 40 miles since the last MOT :o:lol:

No carpets are fitted in the front, so you can see the condition of the floor that is surface corrosion (Carpets etc will come with it) no welding has been carried out

A big plus is there are no roof bars or sunroofs to leak, which is a Bruceie bonus and they are a known issue

Known Faults

Drivers door will not lock on the key it opens fine however with the key, central locking all works,I just open the rear door and push the door lock button down and close the door, simple fix I would think.

Patch on the drivers door inner

Scratch in the passenger door

Solid footwells,chassis etc, slight leak in the front from around the heater, so front carpets removed(these are Included) Black waxoyled underneath, MOT until August currently sorn'ed.

Starter motor sometimes does not engage first time, turn over again and its fine.

I have had this for the last 10 years, but its time to move it on.

Do I sell it as it is and what should I price it at, what do you think I should realistacally ask for it

or

Break it ????

Pics

IMG_1297_resize.jpg

IMG_1296_resize.jpg

IMG_1295_resize.jpg

IMG_1294_resize.jpg

IMG_1292_resize.jpg

IMG_1291_resize.jpg

IMG_1290_resize.jpg

IMG_1288_resize.jpg

IMG_1287_resize.jpg

IMG_1284_resize.jpg

IMG_1283_resize.jpg

IMG_1282_resize.jpg

IMG_1281_resize.jpg

IMG_1280_resize.jpg

IMG_1279_resize.jpg

IMG_1278_resize.jpg

IMG_1277_resize.jpg

IMG_1276_resize.jpg

IMG_1275_resize.jpg

IMG_1274_resize.jpg

IMG_1273_resize.jpg

IMG_1272_resize.jpg

IMG_1271_resize.jpg

IMG_1270_resize.jpg

IMG_1269_resize.jpg

DSC00355.jpg

way too nice to break, if you decide what you want for it let me know. i may well be interested. as reguards to value, in todays market not a lot is selling at the moment and lets face it. a car is only worth what anyone wants to pay for it, so name a price and see how it goes.

ron.

200tdi's are becomeing a bit of a rareity, I'd love an old 3 door. I was just about to give a man 500 squid for 2 x 300tdi Disco's that "just" need welding work doing, but I'd much prefere to give it to you for that :) - with the bumper and bits and going by the lack of rust i wouldn't let it go for much under 2k - but its a very varyable market just now, ebay is full of disco's of similar age rangeing from 500-5000k plus...

Mav

Fix the niggles and it'd be worth the £2k. Can't see much more in it.

Trouble is (for example) you could spend £400 on Tyres and not add a penny to the value. Likewise for the other bits on it. In fact some of it would actually put the average punter off. If I were you I'd keep it and use it!

Dave

Thanks for the replies, seems about 2k is the value,

May well put it in the classifeds or chuck it on Ebay and see what happens !!!

Anyone want to make me an "sensible" offer :ph34r:

:rtfm:

:P