ffs!!! i just want a towing vehicle!! how hard is

It depends on what you call them out for I guess - the usual breakdown cover which some have used to get a new vehicle home would assume that you have broken down in a road legal vehicle (ie with MOT, insurance and RFL).

If the AA guy turns up and sees no tax on something that looks like it hasn't been on the road a while or looks un-roadworthy then I guess they would question it.

Your normal breakdown cover doesn't include transporting non-roadworthy vehicles which is why they would charge you for it.

If you talk to your local friendly vehicle breaker, they may be able to put you in touch with a reliable flatbed operator. A previous vehicle I had scrapped was picked up by an independent operator as it wasn't worth the yard running their own. He was open to doing other jobs. Can't find his number now though!

• 2 weeks later...

If we did a job like that, we'd charge £40/hour so you six hours is £240. With £100 of diesel that takes it to £340, then they'd be a fee to cover wear and tear on the vehicle and trailer....£400 + VAT doesn't sound that bad to me.

As said before, don't buy vehicles you cant fetch.

If we did a job like that, we'd charge £40/hour so you six hours is £240. With £100 of diesel that takes it to £340, then they'd be a fee to cover wear and tear on the vehicle and trailer....£400 + VAT doesn't sound that bad to me.

As said before, don't buy vehicles you cant fetch.

i had someone all lined up for the job. but then they decided that having 220.000 on the clock is to much and dumped me in this mess.

and anyway im just glad in the end it only cost me £250. :D