Aftermarket Air Filters

C18RCH

I know there has been lots of discussion about performance air filters being about as good as not fitting one at all but are there any that actually work?

I'm not after performance gains but more interested in a filter that can be cleaned and re-used. I know I could just stick with the standard filters but I'm interested in finding out if anyone has found a better alternative?

Cheers,

Rich

Given the option I just go Bigger :)

I had a tractor air filter on the V8 and now have two Citron ones on there. They are about twice the old oval can V8 ones.

Driving along off road is very different to agri use. I've seen a lotus cortina with no air filter and many boats with none. So if your not eating dust you need a lot less filtration. Equally, OE air filters do the job nicely, so my van keeps its original throw-away style :)

1. Rich. Read my comments here.

http://forums.lr4x4....showtopic=76513

Yeah, I've already seen this thread. It was this thread that got me thinking about it. To add my bit to the debate I had a TD5 90 which had a K&N fitted for over 100,000 miles and showed no signs of engine damage when I sold it but then again the dustiest environment I drove in were recently harvested fields. I plan on eventually taking my 110 that I am re-building to dustier places which is why I ask. I think it you are in the UK then there are no problems with using a K&N.