Fitting a rear bulkhead removal bar

OK so getting near the end of my project and my custom seat runners for the cobra buckets I bought mean that I'm a bit closer to the steering wheel (gut wise) that anticipated. Whilst I have lots of leg room I would prefer to be further back than I am at present.

So was wondering if people could tell me if the bulkhead removal bars are tub out jobs or can they be done in situe? Is this an easy job or should I look for other seats?

Cheers,

James

James,

Depends which sort the fit, the MUD one is just a jigsaw and riveter I believe, and quite simple to fit.

The full bulkhead bar is bit more involved, I did mine with the tub out and it was still a ****** to get it all out :hysterical:

Did it with a combination of drill, disc cutter with 1mm disk, sabre saw, air saw and spot weld drill for the side sections into the outer skin of the tub.

Regards

Les

The mudstuff bar is fairly simple to fit with clear instructions.

Depending on your existing seats and rails you may not get any extra legroom. Mudstuff do rails that allow the seat to go further back.

I have home made frames for my seats that allow the seats to take advantage of the extra space of the removed bulkhead area.

HTH.

Cheers

G :)

I've made home made sub frames, I i've set them up so the seat can go back quite a bit more than the bulkhead will allow. What I didn't realise was that the backs of the seats were so bulky. It's more that I'd like to recline the seat a bit more. But the question is do I go the whole hog and rip it out or just take the top off (mudstuff style).

How much do you gain with the mudstuff one? I need to drop the seat angle back another 4inches or so at the head so possibly 2 at the bulkhead level. Is there any way I can tell what I'd gain?

I made my own which has worked out fine with Recaros on custom rails. Involved was cutting out part of the upper bulkhead, above the mid line and making 2 joining pieces. I also bent down and reworked the flange from the side cappings. All was then regalvanised but obviously if you weren't bothered then it could have all been done with the tub and roof in situ. The cut outs in the front of the side cappings are in anticipation of a roll hoop yet to be made.

post-1427-0-46217600-1337770301_thumb.jpg

post-1427-0-62812300-1337770324_thumb.jpg

post-1427-0-11033900-1337770342_thumb.jpg

post-1427-0-59265300-1337770380_thumb.jpg

Had recaros in my old HT 90. Fitted the Mudstuff bar and it was just what the doctor ordered (I'm 6'3" with a fairly substantial build). I'd go for that as it'll task a couple of hours to do and doesn't involve completely hacking the bulkhead apart.

The other bonus is that you still end up with a bulkhead so you don't lose stuff under the seats from the load bay...

HTH