Can i power up my electrics safely with air bags off?

disco_al

As per title really. I could do with powering up my disco with the dash out to check the electrics. Now obviously the air bags are off, so if i reconnect now, then it'll tnrow a wobbler and put the airbag light on, if i unplug the the airbag ecu, will it be ok to power the ignition accessories up? Heater etc, to test them.

Not 100 % but if you disconnect battery , wait say 10 mins and then disconnect srs ecu the whole system will have gone dormant , and you should then be able to remove /refit system components following normal safe practices . Without the srs ecu the components will not function . and will not have a history if all reconnected properly before recoonecting srs ecu to powered down system and then powering up. Have a look on rave for definiteve advice HTSH E&OE

everythings been disconnected for about 2-3 weeks now as i've been welding the A pillars up, so no probs there - air bags are in the boot :)

so, i should be ok to just unplug the ecu and power up - just wanted to make sure, as i've got to run some accessory circuits behind the dash, and with it removed it's a damn site easier to route them and make sure it all works first.

cheers

• 2 months later...

just to clarify - in order to power up the electrical system without upsetting the airbag ecu, remove the yellow sheathed wire from the fuse box, as well as the corresponding fuse, and you can safely power up the electrical circuit without causing problems