2a Temp gauge

L19MUD

Hello,

I have recently purchased a 1965 2a swb petrol. Negative earth.

It currently does not have a temp guage for the water (or oil) and i am concerned that it might be running a little warm, but have no way of telling.

I have a space in a panel withing the dash to fit a 52mm gauge (I suspect something similar must have been there before but is long gone).

My preferred way of doing this would be to buy a guage and capillary sender, thus avoiding the need to wire it up and will keep things nice and simple.

Does anyone know if there is a blanking plug anywhere to allow fitment of a sender in the head? Or better still what the part number is for it?

Thanks

Sam

There are 2 places you may fit the sender, one is under or close to the thermostat housing, the other is at the left top rear of the head. Thats what i recall offhand, been ages since i looked at a 2.3 petrol! Others will chime in to confirm or deny my locations..................

G

According to the parts manual, its 3/8 bsp at the rear of the head, and the one at the themostat housing could be 3/8bsp as well but its according to what head you have and from what year, so it might be a little difficult to identify.

According to what gauge you buy you might need an adaptor 568457

G