3.9 RR & Disco AFM "Orientation" Help please

On a STANDARD Factory Disco 3.9 V or Serpentine and similarly 3.9 RR I am trying to work out

what the "Orientation" is of the AFM on the Hotwire units

I have this photo :

post-22-0-83261700-1340792139_thumb.jpg

I think this is a V Belt RR.

Questions are :

• Is this an accurate position of the AFM and Air Filter Unit ?
  • Are the positionings of these units the same on RR Disco V- belt and Serpentine ?

Help !

Nige

That is a V belt engine in a RRC. It is also a left hand drive model! My right hand drive RRC also has a V belt 3.9 and the AFM looks to be in a very similar place. However mine might have been moved slightly to give a bit more room for the PLG vaporiser. I will post a picture when I get home.

The factory fitted serp engine models have the plastic square air filter don't they? So the AFM could be in a different place, but you would think that the LR engineers would just have designed the box leaving everything else in the same place wouldn't you........oh hang on its LR we are talking about.

3AM that then changed to the 5AM AFM, the V-belt setup uses a metal "mount" bolted to the inner wing whereas the plastic air-box setup they introduced on serp engines is supported by the airbox.

2012-06-17%2020.02.25.jpg

You can just see the mount and the AFM bolted to it in that photo.

I can take more photos if you like?