Kalahari Owners! My Kalahari Petrol is shown as TD4 GS on log boo

SteveR1

Hi,

I have a 2002 Freelander 1.8 Petrol Kalahari 3 door. Good car.

It's listed as a Td4 GS with fuel type Diesel on the V5 or V5C log book. I'm writing to the DVLA to ask for it to be changed.

What is listed under 'Model' for other Kalahari owners on their V5?

I'm also getting Fuel Type changed to 'DIESEL', and have submitted 12 photos proving it's a petrol. Hoping that will be all that's required.

Also, to prove it's a Kalahari (it's genuine, as it has all the right spec and bought from a genuine seller), is there anything more convincing I can send them apart from photos of the side badge? They will have the chassis number, but wondering if there's anything else identifying or unique, which ideally they can check.

Thanks very much,

Steve.

More bad news im afraid; DVLA will not change it!!

Its how the manufacturer listed it, and even tho the V5 is wrong it will not be changed, even with all the proof.

I had an Mitsubishi Pajero SWB 2.5 TDi, the V5 stated it as .Shogun, SWB 3.5 V6 petrol. With photo proof and having been checked again by official inspectors and they would not change it.

When i was after insurance quotes, they went by the registration number, which came up as 3.5 shogun, was told by them it happens all the time and didnt make any difference.

Ah, now why would the DVLA let reality get in the way?

When I registered my 109 I told them it was retrofitted with a diesel - they ignored it. SO long as you have proof that you made reasonable efforts then you should be fine, unless you drive in London and the TD4 doesn't pass the emissions standards.

This is a puzzle to me. I know several people who have put diesel engines into Morris Minors and DVLC have changed their V5 to show this. My Morris Van was converted to a flat bed pick-up and this is also shown on the V5.

Unless it is a 'ringer' I see no reason why DVLC shouldn't change the V5. The only problem is having the request in front of the right person and not just a computer that says no...

Good luck, interested in hearing what happens. ;)