TD5 turbo

petrolhead63

I have noticed a slight squeel as revs build up from about 2500 revs. I had not noticed it before but then its not heard with the radio on at all, staionary if you blip the engine quickly to about 4500rpm it squeels briefly until the revs drop back.

I have changed oil to a fully synthetic as supplied in a full service kit from a decent supplier and also did the oil rotor/spinner, filters etc along with lots of suspension/brake work.

Could this noise be turbo bearing? if so is it possible for me to overhaul it myself?

Alternatively, what about the change of oil?? I wonder if the fully synthetic oil is not liked.

Any thoughts received happily.

I'll second the fully synthetic, just done the disco with it again and run the l200 on it too, no problems with either. I would look at the hoses to the turbo for splits/holes and check the actuator and its pipes before worrying about it being the actual turbo.

As above, the other thing I have seen on a few is a wailing baffle in the exhaust (due to being loose inside the silencer can). Nowt you can do about it except change the silencer, and it's not dangerous, but it can be bloody annoying!

I have noticed a slight squeel as revs build up from about 2500 revs. I had not noticed it before but then its not heard with the radio on at all, staionary if you blip the engine quickly to about 4500rpm it squeels briefly until the revs drop back.

Any thoughts received happily.

Alternator belt slipping.

Julian.

Alternator belt slipping.

Julian.

Doubt it. Td5 has a polyvee belt which is unlikely to slip unless one of the ancilliaries like the alternator or PAS pump has seized, and the clouds of foul smelling smoke usually give it away!