Ms1 v3 board help

Tom1809

Hi guys, I really need some help with trying to find the problem with the ecu, I think it's the ecu as I have doubled check and tripped checked all my wiring. I went to fire it up today to make sure it will run the fuel pump and all I got was the fuel pump really click and nothing happened, the middle led comes on for about 10/15 seconds then goes off. Though it was strange so plugged into the laptop, all gauges appeared and seemed to be working fine. Plugged it in the stim kit and al I get is d5 light up, every other sensors works apart from rpm, the injectors aren't firing either like it previously did. I have tried flashing it and reloading nige's program, I get the same. I am getting power into the board, there are no dry joints, there is no burnt tracks, I am completely stumped by it. Anyone got any suggestions, I have had a read through some posts and most seem to be unresponsive, mine responds, connects to the pc etc, just won't work the stim kit or the car. I am supposed to go on holiday Saturday and need to get it fixed, shake down run, and everything fitted back ASAP

Many thanks

Tom

Also if anyone can email me either nige's version or there own engine map that would be great, stupid mac won't now load the cd again and I havnt transfered it across to the hardrive like a idiot .

Again thank you

Just woke up after thinking about what I have done to the ecu, the ecu originally worked fine, software loaded and ran for hours on the stim kit just to be sure, I have had to move out of my workshop for family and personal reasons and the landrover has been out side under a tent, with the amount of rain we have had I wonder if there has been condensation or moisture build up, I know I didn't clean the board after so I wonder if I clean it with rubbing alcohol that it might work?

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

Well you could take the lid off and have a look... if you've built it, not cleaned the flux off the board and then left it outside it's more than likely got something growing on the PCB by now. Clean it thoroughly, and if possible conformally coat it to prevent further problems. It takes all of minutes for unprotected metal to turn to fluff in wet conditions, especially when electricity is present.

fridge, i did take it all off and checked over everything using a magnfying glass aswell, but it still looked perfect, but i cleaned it with some rubbing alchole and it works. lesson learnt on that one,

thanks

tom

ill be honest that i dont know what one of those is? i take it thats the hertz crystal thingy? well after mucking around so far today i got it to spark, after a bit of research i took the coil pack lives from the main relay instead of the fuel pump relay, ive double and tripple checked the coil pack wirring, the plug leads and there firing orders and all go to the correct plugs according to the picture nige provided, unless i have got something wrong with my timing, which i am yet to check i can get it run very very roughly but have to give it some gas to get it to start, i think i may have got the trigger wheel timing out so going to check there first. is there a easier way to tell which tdc i am on with out having to remove the plenum chamber to get the rocker cover off on the passenger side?

many thanks

tom