New lights on my Sankey

J@mes

I'm looking at putting new lights on my Sankey as the old fittings are rusty and some of the screw on lense caps are damaged meaning they don't screw on very well and fall off.

So, is there any direct or nearly direct replacement I can fit? Bolt On Bits sell plenty of Wipac units, do these fit ok, or has anyone else fitted anything else?

It's already been converted to 12v lamps and I'm waiting for a 12N plug to arrive so I can fit that too.

Cheers :)

You see plenty of new and old military light units and lenses at the shows. It'd probably be easiest just to fit a new set of them, though it could be costly - it depends on whether originality is important, or whether you just want a functional trailer. Otherwise, fitting standard Defender lighting might be cheaper and shouldn't need more than drilling of the screw holes to mount the backings.