D1 Van - fitting rear seats - a few questions

Mean Green

I am about to fit seats in the rear of a D1 Van. I do not have access to the commercial at the moment as it is parked up at a friends, however I am starting to strip the 5dr that will be the donor and have a few questions...

How much ironmongery do I need to strip? I have the seats out and the seatbelts with all brackets etc - but to I need to remove the seat catches?

Were the D1's built the same as D4s - I build a Disco, take the seats out and put a bulkhead in?

Does anyone have photos of such a build?

Also will 5dr carpets fit in a 3dr?

I am sure I will have more questions as I go along and will try to keep a record of the build.

I would imagine that your commercial is the same as a 3dr disco, so you would need the quarter panel trims from a 3dr. The carpet from the 5dr won't fit if you were planning on using the front seats from your 5dr donor car they don't flip forward so there no good. The rear seat and belts should be the same and I would imagine that all the relevant mounting holes are there. Lastly you would need to make your insurance and vosa/dvla know other wise you could get grief if your stopped with people in the back! As it will only be down as a having 2 seats.

Thanks Scatt

I am using the original front seats from the "van" and rear seats from a 5 door - so wonder if the rear carpets will fit.

Also I know that the seat mounts etc are all in place on the van, just not sure about the seat back catches etc.

I am not yet the registered keeper of the vehicle, as it is still in the previous owners name, however, when the paperwork is completed I will change the number of seats on the V5 and notify DVLA.

Most of my questions will be easily answered when I can actually look at the van - but it is locked up in a yard at the moment. While the 5dr is in my garage at the house, so i want to get started stripping useful bits to save some time and running around.