clutch - pedal to the metal...

First off, is the reservoir empty? If so then you might get away with filling it and bleeding the system, since it may be a slow leak. If there is plenty of fluid in there then more likely that your slave piston has punched a hole in the clutch fork, which is gearbox out job! But try bleeding it first anyway.

Mike,

Do you have any clutch fluid in your footwell under your clutch pedal? if so It's going to be your master cylinder thats fubarr'd if not and the reservoir is empty then it'll be the slave cylinder at fault,

But please bear in mind if you replace one then it makes good sense to change to other as if ones on it's way out then so will the other,

have symptoms also included a spongy clutch pedal/having to retrieve the pedal with your foot? as this will point towards a clutch fork that has gone and you'll end up having to remove the box away from the engine either with the engine out or box off and replace it with a heavy duty version to replace what you already have, I would If I was you use a genuine part or a good aftermarket part/s for the replacement of the master and slave as to use anything else will be a false economy (i.e.: stay away from B****art)

hth

John

So I walked the mile and a half to the nearest place with clutch fluid.

Filled up the reservoir, after pulling of the cap (with great difficulty).

The clutch works a treat now. I would look for fluid on the mat, but there is always fluid on the mat (thanks to the rain).

I'm going to have to get the garage to swap the cylinders. I just don't have time. Doh.

The fork was changed less than 2k miles ago when she had the chassis swap (belts, clutch, filters, etc.)

I guess one of the cylinders has a slow leak, probably didn't help with the new bits in the system...

Cheers for all your help.

It's good to get some "perspective" on an issue.

Mike