Seriously Slow 300tdi Disco

UkFoxy

For some reason my disco is running like an old tractor. Just no power at all, it drives ok but has no grunt. I've cleaned out the rear fuel filter, changed the front one.The turbo is woking fine........Any Ideas??? I do have a leaking fuel injection pump, it's leaking from the rear of the pump from what I think is a pressure relief valve (it has a little rubber saucepan on the end of it) it's dripping fuel from there. The vehicle revs up fine.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb201/trailerfitter/ve_blowup.jpg

if your "rubber saucepan" is item no 339 on the link then there shouldnt be water/fuel coming out of it... Its there to allow the diaphragm (67/43) to move under boost so its pushing against the spring (67/47) rather than pushing against a greater than ambient air pressure, therefore allowing more fuel to be injected. If you are leaking fuel from here it sounds like a seal has gone letting fuel in and probably not injecting more fuel under boost, hence your engine being sluggish. I would take off the top cover plate, 4 screws (67/49) and have a look under the diaphragm. Mark its orientation first so you know where to put it back. You will have to rotate it to remove it. when its out do not use the accelerator as I believe that makes putting the diaphragm back in very hard/impossible.

Jad

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys! I've checked the lift pump & hoses they are fine.& Jad thanks so much for the advice...I'll be trying that shortly, but I'll replace the part first. I bought a replacement pump of evil bay only to find that it's off an AUTO!.......I'll keep you posted...Thanks again