Securing rock sliders to chassis outrigger

I bolted my rock sliders on to the 90 the other day and noticed that there is a bit of in-out movement at the rear end where it fits inside the tub outrigger. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to secure this end?

I thought about drilling a hole through the the outrigger and also the slider tube, then putting a big bolt through, but the chassis is galvanised so that is more a last resort.

Thanks, Harry

You could drill a hole in the outer edge of the slider in line with the tubular outrigger, then pass a long bolt all the way through and fasten with a large thick washer on the inside of the chassis rail.

If you wanted a tidier look you could do the same but instead weld some studding to the slider from the inside so there is no bolt head visible from outside.

Jimmy, whilst that is a good idea, it will involve drilling through the galvanising. Do you know how strong tek screws are? I've used them on farm buildings and they worked well, but I'm concerned that if I was to put a winch rope around the tree slider for what ever reason, it may sheer the screw?

Harry

Jimmy, whilst that is a good idea, it will involve drilling through the galvanising. Do you know how strong tek screws are? I've used them on farm buildings and they worked well, but I'm concerned that if I was to put a winch rope around the tree slider for what ever reason, it may sheer the screw?

Harry

Hi Harry,

I am sure the tek screws would give up under that kind of force. Maybe the bolt option would be better .

Cheers

J2J