4.6 P38 vogue 50 value?

HighlandRover

I'm possibly looking at buying a friends 1998 50th anniversary limited edition 4.6 p38 vogue 50. Apparently there were only 100 made and this one is number 43. It's in good condition with service history up untill 2008 and lots of receipts after that. It has 160,000 miles on the clock but has had a new engine fitted by landrover around about 60,000 miles ago. It also has an LPG system fitted and upgraded liners fitted to the block by je engineering. Before I buy it does anybody know the value of this and is it desirable with it been the limited edition version?

Jason

Were the auto-box and transfer box done with the engine? probably not if LR were paying. Factor in a good few servicing bills and £1700 if these need doing and realistically means a purchase price of £3000ish.

Not sure the limited edition would carry much weight if i was buying it. Just mean special trim bits were more costly to get hold of.

Owning a p38 requires deep pockets and a love of the marque, trying to reason it's good value doesn't add up. But then the enjoyment driving when it is working is nice.

Things to look for air spings, condition of and eas working (changes height and holds the height)

ABS modulator condition

air con working and heater etc

2 keys and making sure car doesn't flatten battery over 2-3 days.

rusty tailgate? bottom edge of lower tailgate

It was just the engine that was done according to the documents. Paint on the tailgate is bubbling and the battery is being drained over a couple of days. The guy has offered it to me for £1000 I'm thinking that it must be worth more than that? I think secretly I only really want it to put the engine into my whitbread buggy! :)