Problems with Bosch 4.6

elbekko

On reflection, thinking how mine works. Authentication is the first bit of comms.

I reckon the the nanocom talks to BECM first, to check vehicle type, if good, then allows rest of menus.

That's how I would code it.

You need the P38 pin out to Nanocom to build your own cable, or buy it from bbs

Maybe ask on internationalforum or range rovers.net for pin out help?

I've asket on RR.net, but no response yet.

So it may possibly know because it doesn't have the second data line for the BeCM then? Hrmm, will have to investigate.

I still find it utterly ridiculous they go through that much trouble just to sell a separate cable :/

I don't think that they are. The disco 2 and p 38 have different requirements and cable spec

Nanocom allows you to talk all p38 or all disco V8

Others lock you to a VIN, again through the becm I assume.

I'm going to post up nanocom to disco 2 pin outs though, it may help others in your situation with access to nanocom but not the correct cable for the vehicle

Got this from a post on rangerovers.net:

BLUE--------- Green---------------Nanocom 15 pin

-----------------1-----------------------1

4----------------4-----------------------15&8

5--------------- 5-----------------------15&8

6-----------------------------------------9

7--------------- 7------------------------4

8--------------- 8------------------------5

9--------------- 9------------------------12

----------------11------------------------2

----------------12------------------------3

----------------13------------------------6

----------------14------------------------6

14---------------------------------------10

----------------15------------------------7

16 ------------ 16------------------------14

Will be giving it a go tonight, I should normally only need to connect OBD pin 15 to nanocom pin 7 to make it realise it's a P38 (RX line for the BeCM).

Every time you switch to gas the motronic system will compensate and learn the problems. You will then have to reset adaptive settings. Find someone with an AUTOLOGIC unit - you can reset adaptive settings on the move. Get the LPG system checked or better still get rid of the LPG cos that is going to reck the engine.

Chris bowler

I know it's got you by the short and curlies!!!!!

If you get the LPG sorted, the moronic system will work with it. Get your LPG man to confirm that the LPG system works using the signals from the moronic ecu In otherwords it piggybacks off the moronic, not a stand alone system. This way the moronic learns everything that the engine does - provided It is working ok.

Chris bowler

As far as I know (and as I've found out, really, as it ran badly on LPG too), it does indeed use the petrol injector signals. It's a Bigas SGIS-N sequential system. It has inputs from all 8 injectors, RPM, coolant temp, and that's about it. It also has its own MAP sensor, but I think it purely uses that for injection timing, as it can't correct for a bad MAF.

Well, the LPG man couldn't get it running right :(

He tried changing the map, but the fuel trims immediately got worse. Changed it up some more until they stopped changing, but then it started hunting and the CO was still pretty bad (1.5%+).

Now, according to his machine (and the one at the MOT station), the CO on petrol is bad too, so he said it's probably cats, exhaust leak and probably another problem too.

Does this sound realistic? Do you think I could make the emissions goals without the cats?

Have you considered either head gasket or engine burning essisive oil due to a poss liner/ piston problem. I had a p38 v8 that I could not get throu mot . Co 2 values throu the roof . It ended up a dropped liner ( visibility dropped by 6 mm). Not that likely but may have to be consider particularly as the LPG cannot be set up .

Chris bowler