LSE radio

DavidL

My OEM Clarion radio seems to have cgone up the swannee. Suddenly it keeps asking for the code and when entered I jsut get a pop from the rear sub and the it goes off again.

Clearly power to the HU and occasionally I get a TUN ER98 error code on the radio. It will play the CD but very quietly. I'm guessing there is an issue with the rear sub and amplifier but that doesn't seem to suggest why the radio doesn't work.

Thoughts?

Thanks

David

Hello,

Two years ago I sent my radio back to Clarion for service. It was the cost of a new one, but I didn't need to do any re-wiring. They may still be there:

Clarion Service & Parts Centre UK

Pennyfields

Malmesbury Road

Leigh

Wiltshire

SN6 6RA

T: 01285 861861

F: 01285 860635

E: mail@clarion-service.co.uk

W: www.clarion-service.co.uk

Neil

They are very helpful, reckon to be able to service/repair any unit ever made by the Clarion. Had my audio-cassette ('87) done by them last summer - about fifty quid PLUS return postage by UPS, which requires a signature. Not cheap, but then if you want to retain the original unit (in keeping with the rest of my Classic) good value I think.

Just for future searches. Symptoms got worse until enetring the code made the HU freeze and then finally no reaction from the on/off button.

Thought I'd just try disconnecting the battery for a minute or so and see if anything would reset. Hey presto back to normal (so far!)

All working as it was. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Ah, the classic IT solution: switch it off and on again...

Glad you fixed it, and for free - it's always nice to have the original fitment for retaining the aesthetics; I hated having an aftermarket stereo in my soft-dash when it went down, so had it repaired and it has been faultless ever since.

Indeed, always worth a try.

Now just got to fix the other niggly issues. The "new" drivers wing mirror that white van man had smashed off last winter. Fitted and all worked fine. 24hrs later nothing works! So it'll have to come off again. Drivers side CL actuator had failed. Very carefully ordered one with the correct electrical attachment from ebay (a well known LR/RR co on there) to find they sent the wrong one and now don't have the right one so back to square one!

Much though I love it it is by far the worst put together car of that era I have had.

Still after a good bodyshop in Wiltshire. One to try towards Abingdon but nothing closer to Swindon it seems.