freelander rear window leak, 3 door.

theoptimist

hi guys,

i have had problems with water in my car freezing the inside of the windscreen and creating condensation on the sun roof, so i was looking through the car, the front of the car is bone dry until i get to the windscreen, i then opened the cubby box in the boot to find all my ratchet straps frozen in an inch of water. i dried the cubby box out, and now have a heater drying out the inside. however the rain started to fall last night, and i found drips on the cubby box hatch in the boot, found that the hard top seal for the window seemed to be rotting away. is int possible to replace this and where do i get the seal? Also found water coming from the aerial, this problem i'm going to solve with a new aerial connector and some mastic.

Are there any other areas for water ingress?

i have been wading in my freelander but all the water seems to be coming from above.

Many thanks

Theoptimist.

Never had a problem, don't do a lot of wading but you're not going to be any worse off (if it fills up, it empties again) and anything that leaks in will run straight out the rest of the time. Could always put a boat-style flappy vent on it to stop stuff coming in.

that's not a bad idea i have a one way drain plug for a sailing dinghy that would be ideal. Thanks fro the idea fridge freezer.

Just looked at 3 door hard top window seal but says it wont fit commercial, is there any reason why it wouldn't the tops are the same

just with out windows arn't they.