Indicator repeaters, replacement options

ejparrott

I've finally had time to track down why my left hand indicator repeator isn't working on the dash, seems like the wiring is breaking down where it enters the bulb fitting.

What options are there for replacing said bulb and holder? Its all moulded on to the loom, and a new loom is currently out of the question. Before I go hunting for my spare green arrowed lenses to find out what bore they are, does anyone know if there is a replacement option thats quick and easy?

Cheers

I think they may be the same diameter as the bulb holders for the speedo's warning lights. If they are, you will be able to use T9 (wedge tailed) bulbs and plastic bulb holders from any auto-electrical outlet, which have tails for the feed and the earth. That way, you can splice them into the existing loom well back from where the wiring is breaking down and have plenty of slack for when you open the dash. I got the new bulb holders (used in the speedo) from Holden Vintage and Classic.