What would you do with naughty 300tdi....?

Landowner

My '98 Disco 300tdi GS has been playing up recently, injector pump problem.

Wont start without easy start and have to have tickover set above 1200rpm or she stalls.

Anyway I'm going to have to swap the injector pump so she'll run but after that I want to get rid of it. the chassis is mot'able and it has all new brakes (calipers/discs/braided hoses)

She has done 17 odd K and uses no oil but recently have a bit of blue smoke after starting from cold, I suspect that this is due to the faulty pump as its ok after a few mins.

I want to get my 90 on the road but she needs work and I would much rather spend the time on getting her ready for mot than work on the Disco.

Thing is, shall I bodge the disco for now and then use her axles on the 90 as they are very good, then scrap the disco.

Would the 300tdi be best sold in parts, head, block and pistons, gearboxes as I would not sell the engine as a good one because its not perfect.

Would there be a market for a Disco rolling chassis, shall I just take the axles off and weigh the rest in

Or just park it next to whats left of the 110 that I gave up on 2 years ago :)

if you break it, i would be very interested in the head. . . . . . . . . . . . .

I have a head, its on a 300 tdi which I bought for my 110 and didn't use, I have been robbing bits off it for the last two years, The head had been skimmed and a new gasket prior to my buying it, I did have it running last year but there was a little bit of blue smoke from it when we fired it up, the turbo was about shot as it happened, but we took it out anyway and put a 200 in.

Its still on the engine with no injectors, I would put new stem seals in and check it over but it seems ok, I will take it off and check for cracks if you want it, cant deliver but can get it as far as Williams bros in Wrexham (near Ruabon) as we go there every day. :)

If you are considering breaking it, I might be interested in a few bits too!

Got a 98 GS too and live in Warrington!

Matt

It'll be a month or two but before end of March, engine , boxes and p/steering box spoken for and I want the axles for the 90 but you are welcome to owt else :)

I have a head, its on a 300 tdi which I bought for my 110 and didn't use, I have been robbing bits off it for the last two years, The head had been skimmed and a new gasket prior to my buying it, I did have it running last year but there was a little bit of blue smoke from it when we fired it up, the turbo was about shot as it happened, but we took it out anyway and put a 200 in.

Its still on the engine with no injectors, I would put new stem seals in and check it over but it seems ok, I will take it off and check for cracks if you want it, cant deliver but can get it as far as Williams bros in Wrexham (near Ruabon) as we go there every day. :)

:)

I have a 300tdi sitting on the drive, minus a head which is cracked so would be very interested, just had all the welding done, boot floor, inner sills etc so dont really want to break it as its in vgc for the year!!

i still have the head complete with injectors, thermostat housing etc etc, so if you want to strip any parts then please feel free!!

do you still have the ticket from the pressure test/skim?? and finally how much to a very dedicated but very scint LL enthusiast?!!

Could meet you at william bros in wrexham as its just up the road from me :)

I have a 300tdi sitting on the drive, minus a head which is cracked so would be very interested, just had all the welding done, boot floor, inner sills etc so dont really want to break it as its in vgc for the year!!

i still have the head complete with injectors, thermostat housing etc etc, so if you want to strip any parts then please feel free!!

do you still have the ticket from the pressure test/skim?? and finally how much to a very dedicated but very scint LL enthusiast?!!

Could meet you at william bros in wrexham as its just up the road from me :)

PM sent.

Put spare injector pump on today and new cambelt, oil seal and pulleys, Hope it will start ok tomorrow when I get the rad etc back on :)