V8 injection water plumbing

mikec

Hi guys, not sure if to put this in the defender forum or here, but I'm going to plumb in the heater on my 90 using a v8 Hotwire injection manifold from a disco. So far I've got the outlet next to the thermostat housing going to one heater pipe, question is where do I send the second heater hose too, is it the top or bottom rad hose? I'm guessing bottom but I could be miles off :)

No idea on the parts, but bottom sounds good. As I thought the heater hot pipe connected in just after the head, engine-side of the thermostat and then the other side of the water pump. Then the first bit of any hot water went into the cab? (same for all engines)

"Thinking about it a little more, does it need to go back into the top hose? Otherwise that water isn't being cooled by the main rad?"

It is more like; The water resistance of the rad is what pushes water around the heater when the thermostat is open.

I've never seen it montioned as a fact, but I guess the heater flow drops as the thermostat opens?